Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our Deepest Fear

I really want to write in this blog more often. I want to have things to say that will amuse people and make people think (if there are actually people who read this), but I've been plagued so long with belief that the things I do aren't interesting, so it's hard to post unless I come up with something I think is really good.

I also think that I'm scared people won't like what I write. If I never put my writing out, it can never be criticized, which could save me a lot of pain. But it also means I'll never grow in my writing, which could cause me a lot of pain in the long run.

We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world...
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
give other people permission to do the same.

There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

1 comment:

  1. Linked to your blog for the 1st time today via your plug on SCL and liked your stuff and decided to read ALL your posts hence me leaving a comment on a 2 month old post...whoa, short explanation turned long. I wanted to let ya know that I really like your stuff. This post was spot on. I am going through the same dilemma myself and your spin is very insightful. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete