Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm Back

Hi me,

It's me again. I know what you're thinking. Really, I do. Last time I was around I said I'd come back to you. I said I'd make things better. I said I'd buy you that gold necklace you saw in the window at Jared's and always wanted but weren't allowed to buy because your mom thought it was a little too expensive for you.

Well, obviously something happened. Something came between us that I simply cannot explain. For a while, I wasn't me. I wasn't the me I wanted to be, so I certainly wasn't the right me for you. I hope to change that, but maybe in a way you wouldn't expect.

My plan, should you be willing to hear me out, is to come back. It may be painful, the process may be a little awkward at first, but I think you're worth it. But since I've been gone so long, I couldn't just come back empty handed. I had to bring you something. An offering. A token of my esteem. Here it is: this summer, I will be an intern on the set of "Burn Notice" in Miami, Florida. Since I've kept you waiting for so long, you'll be the first one I come to about each and every experience I have. And guess what else? I'll still try to make time to throw a joke or two in. Hopefully I can come up with some of those ridiculous lists or advice columns I know you love so much.

Well, that's all for now, me. I'll see you soon. For real this time. No, seriously. I'm coming back. Trust me. It's going to happen...

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from SCL and I wanted to say that I love Burn Notice.

    Also, I am so sorry about your friend's mom--and I will pray!!!

    ReplyDelete