Friday, May 1, 2009

Save Chuck (or Why I'm Glad College Isn't Like TV)

I know I keep taking breaks for the normal format, but I haven't quite gotten back into the groove of the normal format anyway, so it's going to be a gradual process. For now, something needs to be said. I dare say the fate of the world (read: my faith in the entertainment industry) rests on it.

Let me try to explain it this way. There's this guy named Chuck. He's been in a class with me for the past two years. I always enjoy seeing him because he has some crazy story about how he has government secrets in his head or how an incredibly attractive superspy (call me, Yvonne Strahovski) seems to like him one minute then chooses her mission over him the next. It's all pretty interesting stuff really, especially when you consider that he's just as nerdy as me.

Well, now I find out that the school (North Baltimore College or NBC) might not be letting Chuck come back next year. Turns out they don't think he's performing well enough. I asked him about what kind of grades he gets and he pointed out that the review board (Internal Management Data Board or IMDb) is giving Chuck about an 8.2/10. That didn't seem like a bad score at all to me, so I asked how he wasn't performing well enough.

It would seem that this school, NBC, wants to kick Chuck out just because he doesn't have enough friends. 6.4 million doesn't seem to be enough. I wonder if they consider how many people listen to Chuck tell his story via other methods (such as Delayed Vocal Recitation or DVR).

All that to say, Chuck should not be canceled. Very rarely does a show with so much class and so much heart come along. NBC, if you ever read this, remember that you owe this to me. Why? Oh, just a little show called Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Don't let the same thing happen to Chuck. He's too good of a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment